Is the Riot Client not opening, not launching, or not working?
The Riot Client is an all-in-one hub that allows you to download, install, play, or peruse Riot’s library of games.
Each time you log into a Riot game, the client will be utilized.
The only difference is that you’ll have to enter your login credentials to get it started.
After you’ve entered your login credentials, you’ll be able to hop between games without additional logins.
Each game-specific client will remain unchanged and you’re still able to use your old desktop shortcuts.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix Riot Client not opening or launching for Valorant or League of Legends for Windows 11/10.
Why is my Riot Client not launching?
The Riot Client is not launching because the latest update might contain bugs or glitches.
If the client is not opening, it can also be due to an outdated graphics card or Windows version.
Some antivirus programs may conflict with the game.
Riot Games will take some time to release a follow-up update to fix bugs from the previous update.
In the meantime, there are some methods that you can try to fix the client issue (more below).
How to Fix Riot Client Not Opening
To fix Riot Client not opening, you need to update Windows and your graphics card.
You can also try turning off or uninstalling your antivirus and running the Riot Client in compatibility mode for Windows 8.
Fix 1: Update Windows and your graphics card
Note: Valorant has removed support for older versions of Windows 10. If you have an outdated version of Windows, you need to update it to play the game (source: Valorant Support).
Fix 2: Turn off or uninstall your antivirus
- Uninstall your antivirus software: If you have Avast or AVG antivirus, you need to uninstall them or allow the Riot Client, Valorant, and League of Legends to bypass them.
- Allow Riot Games through Firewall: Allow “RiotClientServices.exe”, “Valorant.exe”, “Valorant-Win64-Shipping.exe”, and “Riot Vanguard” through Windows Defender Firewall.
Fix 3: Run the Riot Client in compatibility mode
- Right-click the Riot Client > Properties > Compatibility > Uncheck “Run this program as an administrator” > Check “Run this program in compatibility mode” for Windows 8.
- For Valorant: Right-click Valorant > Properties > Compatibility > Uncheck “Run this program as an administrator” > Check “Run this program in compatibility mode” for Windows 8.
- For League of Legends: Right-click League of Legends > Properties > Compatibility > Uncheck “Run this program as an administrator” > Check “Run this program in compatibility mode” for Windows 8.
Note: If you’re still facing launching issues, check “Run this program as an administrator” instead of unchecking it.
How to Fix Valorant Not Launching
How to Fix “Please close other Riot Games Products before signing out”
How to Fix Bootstrap Packaged Game in Valorant