Are you getting a “Bootstrap Packaged Game” when you’re launching Valorant?
Valorant is a 5v5 tactical-based FPS game developed by Riot games.
In the game, you have 13 rounds to attack and defend your side using weapons and abilities.
You only have one life per round, so you need to think faster than your opponent.
There are multiple modes including competitive, unranked, deathmatch, and spike rush.
You can choose between multiple agents armed with unique abilities.
No agents will play alike and no highlight reels will look the same.
Every map allows you to display your intellect as it’s built for teamwork, plays, and clutch moments.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the Bootstrap Packaged Game error in Valorant and why you’re getting it.
Why am I getting a “Bootstrap Packaged Game” error in Valorant?
You’re getting a “Bootstrap Packaged Game” error in Valorant because you didn’t allow the game in your antivirus program.
The antivirus programs that cause the error are Windows Defender Firewall and Avast Antivirus.
The error is indicated in the Task Manager and nothing else happens.
It will be locked in the Task Manager until you restart your PC.
How to fix Bootstrap Packaged Game in Valorant
To fix Bootstrap Packaged Game in Valorant, you need to allow the game in the Windows Defender Firewall.
If you’re using Avast, you need to allow the game in Avast Antivirus as well.
Fix 1: Allow Valorant in Windows Defender Firewall
- Search for “Windows Defender Firewall” and open it.
- Select “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall”.
- Select Change settings > Allow another app > Browse.
- This PC > Riot Games > Riot Client > RiotClientServices.exe > Open > Add.
- Allow another app > Browse > Riot Games > Valorant > Live > Valorant.exe > Open > Add.
- Allow another app > Browse > ShooterGame > Binaries > Win64 > Valorant-Win64-Shipping.exe > Open > Add.
- Allow another app > Browse > This PC > Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > Riot Vanguard > vgc.exe > Open > Add.
- Tick both “Public” and “Private” for Vanguard user-mode service, Valorant, BootstrapPackagedGame, and Riot Client.
- Select “OK” to save your changes and launch Valorant.
Fix 2: Allow Valorant in Avast Antivirus
- Open the Avast Antivirus program.
- Open the Menu > Settings > Exceptions.
- Add Exception > Browse > Riot Games > Tick > OK > Add Exception.
- Add Exception > Browse > Riot Vanguard > Tick > OK > Add Exception.
- Restart your PC and launch Valorant.
Note: If you don’t want to go through all these steps, you can simply uninstall Avast Antivirus.
How to Fix VAN9001 Error in Valorant
How to Fix VAN9003 Error in Valorant
How to Fix Error Code 46 in Valorant